JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
Marathon will receive an update tomorrow. Players will be required to log in to Marathon again after installing the update. Please stay tuned to @BungieServerStatus for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/30/2026 3:31:13 PM
16

Any Idea On When We Get Back The Vaulted Content?

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything. Yes, I know it's a bit too soon, I'm just asking.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • We should have a better idea about everything sometime this month. Assuming Bungie actually sticks to their transparent promises this time.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • The week before the servers get switched off.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    • When they release it.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Probably a while, maybe mid next year best case scenario? They have to pretty much build everything from the ground up again, and who knows maybe they’re adding the old content into the tier system

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Probably next year. It will be quite awhile I'm guessing.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • [quote]I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything. Yes, I know it's a bit too soon, I'm just asking.[/quote] Nothing yet but I really hope they do it in waves and not all at once. And ideally they would go in order.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      1 Reply
      • I haven’t seen anything that suggests how far away it is. I’m not expecting anything anytime soon. My guess would be ~12 months if they’re dropping it all at once (maybe something sooner if they do it piece by piece).

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • Don't ask such questions... It will just set you up for unnecessary anxiety and ultimately disappointment if the order or the day or the whatever is not exact or over the bar... Just relax and know that at some point in future until proven otherwise we are getting more destiny2... We will know more when they know more... not worth stressing about it otherwise... Post...

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • Don’t know but I think they should add everything back at once. I’m not going to be gaslit by these guys teasing drops of something I already paid for.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • I for one am hopeful for at least one new drop by the end of December/January. How hard would it be to add something like Salvage to Arena Ops? I realize that isn't the specific content we're talking about, but THAT should be rather doable. Additionally, seeing a Strike hit the lineup like A Garden World or Savathun's Song is also a realistic possibility. Raids? Planets? Unlikely. But a single activity? Absolutely by the end of January. And if they want to keep momentum and retain the players, they should strive for at least that.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        2 Replies
        • If they want to start gaining positive sentiment from the fans they will give us back The Dreadnaught as a patrol area by the holiday season. They won't, but until they say otherwise I'm going to just believe it's possible.

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        • 1
          eliteg
          eliteg

          moar engrims / m17nerf - old

          (just spitballin) if its phased.. can see 1st thing as soon as December/January even if its one big plop > June-ish'27 at earliest

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

          4 Replies
          • I guess a minimum of six months, more likely summer next year at earliest for the first ‘drop’. The rest will be drip fed over the subsequent couple of years as it’s brought back.

            Posting in language:

             

            Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            7 Replies
            • They're at the 'paper' stage right now, working out how it'll all work & fit together, then they might need to hire staff then maybe train them on the engine. The clue is that they're going to do dev diaries every 2-3 months & give updates on progress & issues so given it's a free update they're in no hurry as they've no monetary deadlines to hit. If you're lucky, next September, absolutely not anytime soon

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • Supposedly we'll be getting an update on their plans sometime in October. For the vaulted content to come back, I think it'll take 2-3 months at least, and half a year at most. As the late Tom Petty once said, "The waiting is the hardest part".

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              1 Reply
              • This is the official statement from Bungie: Just some closing week thoughts for you all The biggest thing is, thank you. Your response to our comms this week has injected our team with so much energy and hope, please know that The next is, I know there are a lot of questions on the how, what, when of unvaulting. Including any potential future updates to D2 and what’s beyond for Destiny There’s going to be a very intentional process for all of it that will take time. But over the next few weeks (targeting prior to the end of October) we’ll talk about what our first step is going to look like with more clarity But instead of a traditional ‘roadmap’ comms I’d rather talk about it through the lens of a progress bar. Bring you all closer, more consistently to our dev milestones. And just be transparent about any challenges we run into and show you the proof of work along the way that unlocks further understanding That way when we share a release date we’re all on the same page and have the right expectations that leads directly into how we'll further celebrate Destiny's legacy and vision for the future So, talk more soon. Keep your eyes up.

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              You are not allowed to view this content.
              ;
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon