Everything is a bullet sponge at higher level content, you have to full mag a barrier 20 times in order to get its shield down. We are all pigeon holed into using only a certain weapon if we got any hope of running grand master vanguard alerts. It is sooo boring
English
#destiny2
-
Edited by Sen: 10/2/2026 9:15:52 PMI'm sorry but if anyone is struggling at this point in the game, I think you need to look inward. I think this a product of Bungie bringing in features that nurture the people that don't understand the point of certain systems. I talked to my friend about features in games where people literally don't learn the game because they are handed the best stuff in the game that doesn't match the effort. Like off the bat. While amazing, tier 5s constantly dropping is not healthy. The moment they reach something hard, they don't know what to do. They're lost and then they lash out and blame streamers and "no lifers" when the game has always been this "complicated" to begin with. It's just that the game never put you into a situation where builds and actually learning the game we're necessary. I'm talking being able to be max power without touching endgame. Boosted to 5 under the power leader. Constant tier 5s. So if course people are gonna miss the point of the game. And don't say it's FUN. that's subjective
-
2 RepliesThis is the most powerful we've even been, and also the most open meta I can remember. Literally everything feels good. I don't understand this post 😂
-
Edited by Sen: 10/2/2026 9:13:48 PMDouble post
-
Edited by LikwiD_SmOkE22: 10/2/2026 5:27:00 PMIdk what youre playing but it never takes that long to pop a barrier bubble for me.. use a better weapon? I dont understand how you have the pantheon seal but can't kill a barrier. Make it make sense.
-
It's the opposite in my opinion only thing give me headache is raids tho to mechanics
-
Always for power fantasy
-
2 RepliesThere are players who nuke enemies and everyone else can barely get a kill. The power is there, but you have to spend time build crafting, or copy someone else’s build. I’m only casually into build crafting. D1 and early D2 were the sweet spot for me. It’s more advanced now. I also can’t be bothered to copy other builds. Probably just stubborn I guess. I try my best to play as I used to, stuff that feels fun to me, at the lower difficulties. It’s not so bad.
-
Power isn't necessarily my thing, I prefer suppression, survival, and team buffs. I might not out dps anybody but I'll suppress and buff your damage. I will also dive in the fire for clutch revives. #Nightstalker4life
-
4 Replies
CEO of there goes flawlessmaking my way downtown - old
Titan ice then slide bum on floor make things go boom -
We are powerful, people have been soloing the hardest content for a while now.
-
congrats, you've awoken to the hamster wheel that is destiny artificial difficulty and content
-
I did a lot of testing on these overpowered barriers in GM’s and conquests. Did so without praxic blade because I am not a fan of the style. Per legendary weapons, I like an anti-barrier sword. Anti-barrier Rockets are good as well. Non power weapons…(ie a conquest with no starting special and power ammo) Kinetic tremors anything. I like the ringing nail with burning ambition. (It is hit or miss in taking the barrier down, but it does stop health regen.) There are not a lot of melting options… (Proven by bungie removing barriers from some GM alerts) I would lean into the power ammo options. And find specific builds for conquests.
-
27 RepliesI run GM alerts and the only bullet sponge is the boss. You are doing something wrong
-
14 RepliesEdited by GradeMyGuardianTTV: 10/1/2026 2:54:52 PMYou need to recalibrate your build. Shinobu's can work, but not with your current setup. Shinobus isn't a grenade spam Exotic. It's an Ascension Spam Exotic. And alot people don't get that. Similar to Titan with Second Chances- Not a melee spam Exotic; a Grenade spam exotic. Doesn't make sense off the rip, but IYKYK. Improve your armor stats. I'd swap Artifacts as well. 180-200 Class 70-100 Grenade 70-100 Super +100 Weapons 4 piece Exodus Down is a solid option for Arc builds headed into GM Alerts. Very accessible. As far as the Artifact is concerned, I'd roll with the NPA Repulsion Regulator for Shinobu's. This is chiefly for 3 Mods- Thunderous Retort, Lightening Strikes Twice, and Shock & Awe. Lightening Strikes twice grants you 130% Grenade regen for 5s, every Arc kill while active extending the timer up to 20 seconds. It's basically infinite grenade spam given enough redbars. Thunderous Retort buffs Super DPS by 30% when amplified, incredibly important considering how weak Arc Hunter Supers are. And Shock & Awe applies Jolt to enemies when you score kills while amplified, allowing you to forgo weapon perks like Jolting Feedback in favor of higher DPS ones. Regarding Aspect selection- Ascension and Flow State should be your picks. Fragment selection- Recharge, Discharge, Shock, Ions & Resistance are your top options. Ionic Traces from Discharge & Ions, passive DR from Resistance, passive Ability Regen via Recharge, Jolting Grenades via Shock. Armor Mods I'd roll out with the following- Head- x1 Siphon; x2 Dynamo Arms- x1 Firepower; x2 Bolstering Detonation Chest- Resist Legs- Recuperation; Orbs of Restoration; Absolution Class- Powerful Attraction; Bomber x1; Utility Kickstart The loop is simple- use Ascension, get Amplified and jolt everything, use Grenades to get back Ascension, repeat infinitely. Ascension is vastly superior to actual Skip Grenades, and far more spammable than the grenades themselves. Also the DR bonus you gain from using your class is more valuable than grenade damage. Both maxed out is a 65% DPS increase, so chasing 200 Class isn't any weaker than chasing 200 Grenade from a numerical standpoint of diminishing returns. As far as weapons, I find Area Denials to be really solid when running Ascension. You can opt for something like Festival Flight with Slice, and Sever & Unravel swarms of enemies, or you can settle on Psychopomp for more Arc Synergy, or Velocity Baton for some Void options. Additionally, Heavy GLs & Rockets work quite well with this setup, given the constant Ascension for quickly reloading them. If you want more success in endgame, you need to focus on more subclass verbage within your build, better Armor Stats for greater output, and better armor mods for stronger ability loops.
-
When everything got intrinsic anti-champion capabilities, sources of Anti Barrier got screwed with that update. The number of viable sources of Anti Barrier in difficult content became very small because it cannot come from your subclass anymore, so you have to build a loadout around your AB weapon. That said, the more difficult content gets the more specialized and focused your build has to be to complete it. There's nothing really wrong with that. If you don't want to make a build for the content you're running, find people who are willing to carry you or just don't run that content.
-
2 RepliesKhepris horn died so you can have this wonderful experience
-
1 ReplyIt's the nature of difficulty escalation ... If everything works then it's not difficult... Execution under restriction is the difficulty... Like a puzzle... With limited or singular answers... High difficulty is ment to be a challenge... And so you will either find a solution or fail... Unfortunately not all challenges are fun... Post...
-
Slap on praxic+strongholds or stasis titan+ icebreaker/fighting lion and win
-
7 RepliesIf your play style is that much bullet spongeing then your build isn't good enough. My build isn't the best, but it'll take down a champion in a reasonable amount of time, albeit with some heavy ammo usage.
-
11 RepliesEdited by MC 077 Lasombra: 10/1/2026 3:07:22 PMCause you need to spend an hour or two figuring out how to min max builds instead of playing the game. That’s why part of the reason it declined and got shut down.
-
Sounds like maybe a tweak to the build to match the content? 200 weapon builds have zero issues with Barriers, and melee builds have absolutely no issues. What class are you using, what subclass?
-
You can change the modifiers to make them easier.