JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/2/2026 1:54:03 PM
13

I want more Destiny, but I don’t want more D2. New games.

D2 was an amazing game and it heavily contributed to Destiny being my GOAT. But it’s done. It’s tired. It’s time for the next chapter. We should’ve put a cap on D2 after The Witness. I would entertain a D1 remaster to get some revenue back in Bungie’s pockets & show PlayStation that Bungie can still provide and sell a product that players want. I think that would be fun. But, not more D2 expansions. I want a new & fresh setting. New engine & new game polish that’s designed to handle a decade long game like Destiny. New weapons and gear - not old reissues. New characters and a new guardian’s story. Set it centuries apart from the events of The Witness. I’m not totally against some returning gear and/or cast members - but the overwhelming majority should be new.

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Edited by 《《 ⒻⒶⒶⒷ 》》: 10/6/2026 5:00:29 AM
    The engine is fine + they upgrade it during its product life time so no need for a "new" engine. Also, if there is a new engine, like unreal, that would mean a different feel to the game as we know it now. You dont want that. It will shatter your glee factor in the game. Halo is a good example. Since it has been made by a different company, they are juridically not allowed to use the game engine made by bungo. Because bungo simply doesnt give away their secrets to the games we play now. And if you own your own engine, you know how to work with it. So the other companies have to use their own build engine or a third party such as unreal engine. Either way, a new engine sucks. It would change the way you experience gaming. Better off with a new version of the current engine. I hope that this helps those who think that a new engine is always better 🤔 and makes them less ignorant about game development.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • You're in for a shock if the leak is correct. The future is single player story, no live service, no new destiny game like you'd expect, a much smaller drop, think spinoffs like the walking dead & game of thrones, it's becoming a pve story game

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    13 Replies
    • I love how you say you want a new game, only to immediately contradict yourself by saying a D1 remaster would be acceptable.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      1 Reply
      • Lol, NO. D2 plays fine. Graphics are good. Sandbox is mostly balanced. You can use anything and have a good time. The grind is not bad at all anymore... Except for a few places... (Raid weapons, old armor sets, etc.) Plenty of activities to play, but I'd love more PVP maps. Seriously, why D3? Its not going to improve on anything. At best, its just mew content, and that could be added to D2 just fine.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        18 Replies
        • I don’t want more of this post. Downvoted

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        • They literally confirmed all they are doing is bringing back all of the old content, they’re still going with their decision to not support the game anymore

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        • I want a baconator and spicy nuggets from Wendy's 😎

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

          2 Replies
          • I love the game but I wish it was in the hands of a more competent game developer. I don’t trust Sony or Bungie.

            Posting in language:

             

            Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            3 Replies
            • My theory is that there will be no new content for the D2 and that the unvaulting is about getting back into players' good graces. The run-on effect is that those players will stop viewing Marathon as the game that killed D2 and give maybe it a try and so that Bungle have a devoted playerbase that will trust them enough to buy D3 when they announce it for PS6 (and maybe PS5).

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • That's potentially what we could get. I don't know why people think they're reviving D2, they haven't said that and we've heard from various sources that that isn't the case. They're just adding back what was removed.

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • Edited by eeriearcade: 10/2/2026 2:11:19 PM
              I’m in almost total agreement with you. I don’t want a game to last for 10 years. I’d prefer 3-5, then onto the next one. I don’t mind if they add a little more stuff to Destiny 2, as a bridge to whatever follows. But overall, I agree. D2 is a bloated mess. I struggle to see how it can continue much further. It gets more and more difficult to hold onto players and bring in new players. An evolution of D2? Relaunched and rebranded. Maybe that’s possible. I’d much prefer D3 though.

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              2 Replies
              • 1
                eliteg
                eliteg

                moar engrims / m17nerf - old

                in z future... ...a game such as this will be able to live on and be updated/upgraded dynamically realtime ....they just had to see it and understand the problems they would encounter .....we are the test subjects, v1, the past ......but they may learn to upload us in time .......in fact the future is that the code is actually written by the choices we make as a player ........ai+quantum... quantAIm? (R) Fridays...

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              • Good to know.

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              You are not allowed to view this content.
              ;
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon